Friday, January 6, 2012

Starting to coupon lesson 1

I know this kind of sounds like a no brainer but the first thing you need to do when being to coupon is get you some coupons,lol.  I know but I had to say it.  Next figure out the best way for you store store them.  Is it in a binder?  Or Keeping all the inserts together and just clipping what you'll need from the store?

Personally I really like my binder, I got those baseball card holders and then don't laugh, I organized by section, there's a shampoo page, razor page, cereal page and on and on it goes.  Make sure though that you keep like all the health and beauty items together and the pantry items together and ect.  It makes it really easy to get what you need quickly at the store and you don't have to flip all the way through your binder to find the coupon your looking for.

Next step, don't get overwhelmed.  I know it can seem like a lot but once you get into the swing of things it will come like second nature to you.

Also don't forget to clean it out, normally Proctor and Gamble coupons only last a month, so make a note that when you get these you'll be cleaning out what you don't use at the end of the month.  Other coupons tend to end around the same time too but some have their own odd dates sometimes.

Here's another good way to get coupons, go to your cubbards and look at the items you already buy, note the companies you buy from.  Then go to your computer and look up the companies website and contact them, companies love nothing more than praise and in return they'll send you coupons or samples.  I don't know about you but when I was a kid I loved getting mail and as an adult it's not so much fun when the mail is bills,lol.  But now I look forward to my coupons and samples, just about every day I get something new!

So that's it for now, get started there, if you have any questions just post a comment below, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment