Friday, January 6, 2012

Couponing lesson 2

After you've gotten all your coupons together pick a store, either a drug store or a grocery store and concentrate on that store. Get their coupon policy offline and take it with you. My favorite to start with is Walgreens, but whatever works for you.

Then pay attention to their ad's. Make sure that you can use your coupons and how to use your coupons. Once you get it down start shopping!! You need to know their coupon policy as well as their store sales, do they double coupon? Do you get Register rewards? The more you know the better your shopping trips will be.

I'm going to use Walgreens as an example cause I love them,lol. Walgreens gives what's called a Register Reward. When you purchase an item and yes you can use a coupon on that item, you get a register reward, it's like getting cash back for your next trip, it's kind of like getting free money! When you get this down you can really start the savings. When you make your first transaction and you get a register reward, we'll call it RR, you can then make another transaction and use the RR, but DO NOT buy the same thing back to back, it won't print the next RR. Example, Gillette Razor 9.99 and you get a 4 dollar RR, you pay for the razor and then you've picked up an Airwick I Motion for 7.99, you can then use the 4 dollar RR you get from the razor making your item only 3.99. You can do this as many times as the cashier and the people behind you will let you,lol. Be kind and get back in line, that's my saying. Sometimes I'll make 2 transactions and then get back in line and let others go and then do this again. It really depends on how much time you have and how many people are in the store. I know this seems like a lot of work but if I can walk away with a ton of stuff and only pay like 5 bucks it's worth the wait.

So take these tips and start shopping. If you have any questions leave me a comment or if you have an awesome shopping trip you wanna share e-mail me a picture and I'll post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment